- 1 medium Pusit Lumot or dark large bigfin reef squid NOT the round small pinkish round Indian specie we normally utilize for “adobo”. Fully cleaned. Ink sac and pen (the plastic-like tough thing on its back) removed.
- ¼ kilo shrimps
- ¼ kilo small clams (“tulya”)
- 1.5 cups ordinary rice + 1 cup glutinous rice washed and cooked. Set aside.
- 1 small carrot sliced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 leek stalk (the green part) sliced thinly
- 10 cloves crushed garlic
- ¼ butter further cut into 3 pieces
- 5 grams salt
- 3 grams ground black pepper
- OPTIONAL 3 grams MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Steam shrimps and clams. When shrimps turn reddish-orange scoop out, cut head and tail, de-shell and set aside. When clams open up, scrape out meat with teaspoon. Set aside.
- Heat EVOO. Sauté garlic and carrots together.
- When garlic turns light brown, add in onion and toss until bit translucent. Pour in cooked rice. Season with salt, pepper and the OPTIONAL MSG. Stir continuously as rice may stick to bottom of pan. This may take about 10-15 minutes.
- Towards last tossing, add in seafood, red and green bell peppers and leeks.
- Rub inside of squid with the 2 pieces of butter while the other 1 to the tentacles and head.
- STUFF inside of squid with your fried rice. Push through inside with teaspoon to ensure full filling-in.
- Lay unto foil and drizzle with EVOO. Fold and seal fully all sides
- Set oven temp to 300deg.F ((148degCelsius). Pop in and slow cook squid for 40 minutes.
- After so, withdraw tray-OPEN foil and discard all of the liquid.
- Step up temp to 350deg.F (176deg.Celsius).
- Brush EVOO, again, to all sides of cooked squid. With open foil on top, pop in tray unto oven and sear for 10 minutes.
Source:The Food Critic
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)