Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Onion, and Spinach is my idea of a simple and healthy breakfast dish. A slice or two of toast on the side can make a big difference. I enjoy having this with a cup of black coffee. For me, this is enough to give me the strength that I needed to start my day.
This dish resembles our Pinoy scrambled eggs, except that I used spinach for this recipe and did not use garlic powder and green onions. Both are good and highly recommended,so it is up to you on which among the two you would try first.
On another note, you can modify this recipe by adding half a cup of milk along with the eggs while beating. You can also use 4 tablespoons of butter and omit the cooking oil to make it more rich and creamy.
Try this Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Onion, and Spinach. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium plum tomato, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil and butter in a pan. Make sure that the entire area of the pan is coated with oil and butter.
- Add the tomato and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat or until the onion gets soft.
- Add the spinach and then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour-in the beaten egg. Cook one side until it starts to set. Gently scrape the the eggs from one end of the pan going towards the center using either a spatula or wooden spoon. Repeat the process until soft curds form.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with toast.
- Share and enjoy!