- 1 kg large scampi washed, 2 lb, 8-10 in kg
- 100-200 ml olive oil 4-8 fl oz
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 100 ml white wine 4 fl oz
- 1-2 Tbsp red wine optional
- 1 Tbsp cognac or brandy
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbs dry breadcrumbs
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Briefly sauté scampi, then add garlic and tomato puree. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add wine and cognac. Boil slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Add parsley. If sauce is too thin, thicken it with breadcrumbs.
Source: Kitchen Nostalgia
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)