- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into thin strips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- ½ cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes and slice into thin rounds.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and sauté onions and potatoes over medium-high heat until the onions turn clear.
- Spray a pie pan or 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place a thick layer (about half) of the potatoes and onions in the bottom of pan.
- Add salt and pepper to half-and-half. Pour ½ cup of the half-and-half over the potatoes. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the cheese on top.
- Add remaining potatoes and pour ½ cup half-and-half over the potatoes and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Source: Index to The Recipe file
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)