This variation is cooked with chicken slices and shrimp and I intentionally added more broth so that it can be more enjoyable when eaten with rice.
- 1 large chayote (sayote), cored and sliced
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 pieces medium shrimp, deveined, shell and head removed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken slices. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in 1 cup of chicken broth. Cover and let boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- At this point, the liquid should have been reduced to more than half. Put-in the chayote. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the remaining chicken broth. Let boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
(Visited 273 times, 1 visits today)