Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
When preparing very fresh seafood, often the simplest recipes are best!
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 (28 oz.) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 Pounds Mussels, Scrubbed with Beards Removed
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the wine and saffron, and cook an additional 10 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Add the cleaned, drained mussels, cover, and cook until the shells open, which should be about 5 additional minutes.
- Add the parsley just before serving.
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)