- 1 cup green mung beans
- 4 cups water, or more
- 2-3 cups coconut milk*
- 1 tbsp onion (or 1 medium onion), sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Spring onion, white and green sliced and separated**
- Green long chili
- Dried fish***
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Cooking oil
- In a pot, put green mung beans and water. Boil for 30-45 minutes or until soft. Be sure to add enough water if necessary.
- When the green mung beans are cooked, you are now ready to sauté. In a separate pot, sauté the garlic in oil, add ginger. After they are cooked, add the onion, the white part of the spring onion and tomato. When cooked, add the dried fish.
- After 5 minutes, you can now add the cooked green mung beans and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and chili. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- You are now ready to put the spring onion. Make sure that you have enough coconut milk if you’re a coconut milk lover.
Source: The Not So Creative Cook
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)