- 3 chayote (sayote)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ½ lb lean ground pork
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or 1 tsp salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare chayote by peeling off skin. You may want to use gloves while doing this. The chayote will ooze a sticky substance when peeled, which may cause skin irritation. Cut the peeled chayote in half and remove the seed. Cut the halves in quarters and then slice each piece crosswise into thin slices. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and tomato and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tomato has softened.
- Add pork and sauté for 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Add fish sauce (or salt) and chayote; stir to combine. Add water, cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until chayote is crisp tender. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Source: Salu Salo
Via: Sauteed Chayote
(Visited 57 times, 1 visits today)