- one russet potato to make 1 1/2 cups mashed (about 1 pound)
- 1 can sardines, boneless/skinless in water
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (1 scallion)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use whole wheat plain)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cut peeled potato into 1-inch chunks and boil for 10 minutes until done.
- Mash or put through ricer and place in a large bowl. Do not add butter or milk.
- Drain sardines, pat dry, and mash them into potatoes with a fork.
- Add onion, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Shape into four 3-inch patties.
- Gently press tops and bottoms into crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan over med-high heat. Sauté for about 5 minutes, turning once.
Source:Jenny Can Cook
Via: Sardine Cakes Recipe
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)