Sarciadong Itlog Recipe
Sarciadong Itlog is a simple and easy-to-prepared dish that can be eaten with warm rice. It is composed of hard boiled eggs and vegetables. This dish can be good recipe for lent since the recipe does not require meat. Although chicken broth is needed, you can always use vegetable broth as a substitute ingredient.
It only takes around 20 minutes to complete this dish. However, even if it is simple and quick to make, the outcome of the recipe is a special dish that can make your taste buds happy. Some dishes that are similar to Sarciadong itlog are:
Aside from the ingredients in the recipe below, you can try to add other ingredients that you think can make this dish even better. For example, half a cup of tomato sauce or tomato puree can be added to make it taste and look better. You can also incorporate other vegetables that you think will work according to your preference. Adding fried tofu can also be a great idea. The possibilities are endless, and all we need to do is experiment.
Since we are using tomatoes for this recipe, make sure that you keep the leftovers in the fridge to avoid it from getting spoiled quickly – if there will be anything left, which I doubt. By the way, feel free to use salt as an alternative ingredient for fish sauce.
If you want more recipes for lent, I recommend this post: Filipino Recipes for Lent.
Try this Sarciadong Itlog Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 3
- 3 to 4 pieces hard boiled eggs, shell removed
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium plum tomato, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1½ cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, tomato, and bell peppers for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken (or vegetable) broth. Let boil.
- Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Pour-in the beaten egg. Stir until the egg is distributed. Continue to cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the chopped scallions and boiled eggs. Cook for 2 minutes,
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Want to Create a Food Blog?
We can help. Click this link to view the tutorial on How to Create a Food Blog . If you have questions, I am here to help. Send me a message using the contact page.
Recommended for you