- 3-5 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced]
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 7-8 tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, quartered (or any shape you want really)
- 5-6 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar (white sugar is not vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium non-stick pan over high heat, fry the tofu until brown and crunchy (Make sure oil is very hot before adding the tofu).
- Once fried, remove the tofu and lower the heat.
- Add garlic, sautee until light brown
- Add onion, mix and sautee until tender
- Add tomatoes
- Add sugar and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes or until flavors are well mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add the fried tofu, simmer until stew is boiling.
- You’re done! Serve with white rice.
Source: Astig Vegan
Via: Sarciado Recipe
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)