- 1 1/2 cups malagkit dough (galapong)
- 1/2 cup rice galapong
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups cooked ube (mashed)
- 4 cups thick coconut cream (from 2-3 coconuts)
- 2 cans (big) condensed milk
- food coloring; violet & egg-yellow
- Blend all ingredients except mashed ubi and food coloring.
- Divide into 3 parts:
- To one part – add mashed ubi.
- To heighten the color of the ubi, add a dash of violet food coloring. Mix well.
- To 2nd part – add egg-yellow coloring. Mix well.
- To 3rd part – just plain white, nothing to add.
- Grease a round baking pan.
- Line with banana leaves and grease the leaves.
- Then, pour in ubi mixture.
- Spread evenly.
- Steam for 30 minutes or more, until firm.
- cover the baking pan with cheese cloth before steaming.
- Pour 2nd layer on top of the cooked ubi.
- Cover again and steam for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, pour in 3rd layer or the plain mixture.
- Again, steam for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle top with “latik”.
- Cool before slicing.
- Serve with “budbod” or toasted sweetened coconut.
(Visited 989 times, 1 visits today)