A little creativity can go a long way when it comes to making school lunches – try these today and you won’t hear any complaints!‘
Preparation Time: 30 min
- 8 slices sandwich white or wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 310g can creamed corn
- 4 large thin slices double smoked ham
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cut into long strips
- 200g can salmon in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried, finely shredded
- 1 small avocado, cut into long strips
- Place bread onto a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten bread slightly. Spread corn over 4 slices, leaving a 2cm strip free of filling along 1 edge. Top with ham, carrot and cucumber. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Place salmon and mayonnaise into a bowl. Mix gently to combine. Arrange lettuce over remaining 4 slices of bread, leaving a 2cm strip free of filling along 1 edge. Top with salmon mixture and avocado. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Wrap all sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to pack into lunch boxes.
(Visited 219 times, 1 visits today)