Oven-Baked Crispy Wings
- 500g chicken mid wings (about 12-14 pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- cooking oil/melted butter
Salted Egg Yolk Sauce
- 4 salted egg yolks
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 chilli padi, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp evaporated milk (I used non-dairy whipping cream)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Oven-Baked Cripsy Wings – Clean and dry wings. Season with salt (I added ¾tsp) and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
- In a bowl, toss wings with flour and baking powder, lightly coated each side.
- Place wings on wire rack and light brush on cooking oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Salted Egg Yolk Sauce – Steam salted egg yolks for 10 minutes until cooked. Mash salted with yolks.
- In a pan, melt butter. Stir fry curry leaves, chilli and garlic until fragrant.
- Add salted egg yolk and stir fry until bubbly.
- Pour in evaporated milk (whipping cream), and season with sugar and curry powder. Bring to a boil, reduce slightly and remove from heat.
- Then toss crispy baked wings in salted egg yolk sauce and serve immediately.
Source: Anncoo Journal
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)