Total time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 (serving size: 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound flounder fillet, cut into (2-inch) pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, fennel, coriander, garlic, and thyme sprig; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in rind and saffron; add water, clam juice, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, fish, and beans; cook 5 minutes. Top with thyme leaves.
(Visited 110 times, 1 visits today)