Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower, or 8 Cups, Cut Into Florets
- 4 Teaspoons Olive Oil, Divided
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pancetta
- 1 Cup Whole Grain Bread, Cut Into Pea Size Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower onto a baking sheet, and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown and tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the pancetta over medium heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs, stirring to mix with the oil and pancetta, then cook, stirring often until the crumbs are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss with the parsley and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan, and cook the onions and garlic over medium low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and water to the onion mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower to the saucepan, and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the heavy cream to the pot and then puree until smooth and creamy in batches.
- Return the soup to the pot and keep warm.
- To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls, then top with a couple of tablespoons of the garnish.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)