Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 3 mins
- For The Beets:
- 4 Medium Small Sized Beets
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese Coins:
- 1 (4 Ounce) Log Soft Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 4 Cups Baby Greens Of Choice
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Radishes
- 3/4 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 4 Green Onions, About 1/3 Cup, Diced
- 1/3 Cup Lightly Toasted Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. F.
- Place the beets in a shallow baking dish, and pour the olive oil.
- Roll the beets to coat, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake until tender, about an hour to an hour and a half then remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once the beets have cooled, use a sharp knife to peel them, and then cut into 1 inch pieces and set aside until needed.
- Cut the goat cheese into four equal pieces and then shape into coins.
- Roll the coins into the breadcrumbs and the refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use olive oil spray to lightly coat a foil lined baking sheet and then place the coins on top.
- Bake the coins for 3 to 4 minutes or until very soft and warm.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Arrange the salad onto four plates, divide the beets on top, then use a spatula to move a coin from the baking sheet to top the salad and serve immediately.
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)