- 6 pounds oxtails, cut at joint and trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 5 carrots cut in quarters
- 1 bunch celery, cut in thirds
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 (6-inch) pieces lemongrass
- 1 (4-inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 5 sprigs parsley
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season oxtails with salt and pepper and rub with the smashed garlic. Place the oxtails and garlic in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and onion to the pan and roast for an additional 30 minutes. Transfer contents of the roasting pan to a dutch oven. Set the roasting pan over a hot burner.
- Add 1/2 cup water and deglaze the pan –scraping up all the good crunchy bits. Add the deglazed mixture to the dutch oven. Pour in 8 cups of water and stir in the lemongrass, ginger and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low until the meat of the oxtail is tender (about 5 hours). Remove the oxtails and wrap tightly in foil.
- Strain out vegetables and discard. Strain stock through cheese cloth and refrigerate overnight. Skim fat from the top of the stock before using.
Source: Salted And Styled
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)