Servings:About 4 cups
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 2 (3.5-oz.) dark chocolate bars (at least 70% cacao), chopped $
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- Cook remaining 3 1/2 cups milk in a large, non aluminium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge of saucepan (about 4 minutes; do not boil). Whisk in chocolate, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until blended and smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture.
- Bring milk mixture to a light boil, whisking frequently (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.) Serve immediately with Marshmallow Whipped Cream, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight 72% Cacao dark chocolate bar.
- Mexican Rich ‘n’ Thick Hot Chocolate: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, whisking in 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1 tsp. ancho chili powder with chocolate. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Orange-Almond Rich ‘n’ Thick Hot Chocolate: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, whisking in 3 Tbsp. orange juice and 2 Tbsp. almond liqueur with chocolate. Proceed with recipe as directed.
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)