- 2 lbs bone in beef shot ribs
- 1 celery stalk, ¼ inch dice
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 leaves fresh oregano or 1 tsp dry
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a Dutch Oven or heavy bottom pot (cast iron, etc).
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Coat with flour on both sides shaking off the excess and sear a few minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery to the same pot. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and red pepper flakes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook another 2 minutes stirring frequently to prevent tomato paste from burning.
- Pour in the red wine, chicken stock and return the ribs back to the pot gently nestling them in to the liquid. Drop in the herbs, cover with a lid and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to the oven and braise for 1½ to 2 hours. Remove the lid and cook another 30 min uncovered. The meat should be very tender and fall off the bone.
Source: Olives And Garlic
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)