- 1 kilo pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- 3 to 4 sachet, instant tomato soup mix
- 1 bundle kangkong, trimmed, separate the leaves and stalk
- 1 medium size labanos, skinned, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium size eggplant, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium size tomato, quartered
- 1 medium size onion, peeled, quartered
- 3-4 pcs. red long chili
- 1-2 tbsp. tamarind sinigang mix
- Place the pork in a large pot and add water to about 1 inch above the meat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Scoop out all scum that rises to the surface.
- Add the onion, tomato and instant tomato soup mix diluted in 1- 1 1/2 cups of water, continue to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pork are tender.
- Add in the sinigang mix and continue to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add in the vegetables except the leaves and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add in the kangkong leaves and green long chili. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Serve hot with a dipping sauce of patis, kalamansi and siling labuyo.
Source: Overseas Pinoy Cooking
Via: Red Pork Sinigang
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)