for Rack of Lamb with Parsley Crust
- 1 rack of lamb, about 1kg
- 50g stale bread
- 60g pine nuts
- Curly-leaf parsley
- Fresh rosemary
- 30g unsalted butter
- Espelette pepper
- Before starting this Rack of Lamb with Parsley Crust recipe, make sure you have organised all the necessary ingredients.
- Place the stale bread in the food mixer recipient.
- Mix finelyuntil the texture is similar to breadcrumbs. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- In the food mixer bowl, place the leaves of half a sprig of parsley, the leaves of 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary and the leaves of 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme.
- Peel the garlic cloves and discard the central germ. Add the garlic cloves to the bowl.
- Mix finely.
- Add the pine nuts and mix.
- Add the parsley preparation to the breadcrumbs.
- Combine with your fingers.
- Add the softened butter and combine until the consistency is smooth and compact.
- Trim the rack of lamb. Using a meat cleaver or a big kitchen knife, remove the spine bone. This will ensure an easier operation when carving each bone when the rack is cooked.
- Flour the rack and glaze with the beaten egg yolk. Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Coat the whole surface with the parsley preparation.
- Place the meat on a roasting tray and pour a dash of olive oil on top. Place a few unpeeled garlic cloves around the meat.
- Bake at 210°C (gas 6-7)for approximately 40 minutes.
- The temperature should be about 55-60°C in the centre. The use of a digital thermometer is essential to ensure the optimal doneness of the lamb.
- Wrap the rack of lamb in foil and keep warm. When ready to serve, slice the rack and enjoy immediately.
(Visited 46 times, 1 visits today)