- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 10 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Milk
- 40 pieces thin slices of cheddar cheese (mild) or you can use the grated one
- Put 6 cups of water in a large steamer and the water boil.
- In an electric mixing bowl, put the egg, milk and butter.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar ,baking powder in a medium sized bowl and mix it with the wire whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the egg whites, milk and butter and mix well until batter is smooth.
- Fill the plastic puto molder about half of it and put the cheddar cheese on top and steam for 13-20 minutes until cook through. I do not use a toothpick method in this because usually, the puto still come out uncook even when the toothpick comes out smooth; soI just feel the bread in the middle and if it is firm, it is done.
Source: The Skinny Pot
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)