- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 3.5 lb Pork butt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 44 fl ounces Scotch Ale Beer
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry pork. Rub generously with dry rub.
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil until very hot. Sear all sides of the meat, until evenly browned (roughly 10-15 minutes).
- Pour the beer over the meat, add the minced garlic and cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook for 2½ – 3 hours, turning the meat over periodically. Cook until meat is tender and falling apart.
- Remove meat and let rest on a cutting board for roughly 3-5 minutes. Shred using two forks. Return pork to the braising liquid and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the dutch oven and discard the liquid.
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)