- 1 lb. large prawns (20-30 count/lb.), shelled and deveined
- 4-5 stalks of mint leaves
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 3 green chillies, slit with seeds removed if necessary
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. kalo jeera/nigella seeds
- 2 green chillies, diced
- 1 tsp. roasted cumin powder
- Bring a cup of water to the boil, blanch onions and garlic and drain.
- Transfer onions and garlic along with mint, ginger paste and slit chillies to a blender jar and make a paste.
- Smear prawns with the mint paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat and sputter nigella seeds and chilies.
- Carefully, slide the marinated prawns and mint sauce into the skillet.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed basmati rice.
Source: Chumkie’s Kitchen
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)