- 185 g Raw shrimps, peeled, defined and finely chopped
- 125 g Lean pork, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Palm sugar
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Large egg
- 8 slices Bread
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 sprig Basil leaves for garnishing
- Mix together the shrimps, pork, sugar, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, ginger and egg. Spread the mixture on the bread.
- Press some sesame seeds on o each piece. Heat the oil in a large wok and slide the bread into it, 2 pieces at a time, spread side up.
- Deep fry for about 5 minutes, until golden. Turn each slice over and fry for 30 seconds, then remove from the wok and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut each piece of bread into halves or quarters.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve with nuoc cham dipping sauce.
Source: Chok Chow
Via: Prawn Toast Recipe
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)