Preparation : 30 minutes
- 400 g cooked prawns, peeled, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 100 g (⅓ cup) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- thinly sliced lemon quarters and black caviar, to serve
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Place prawns, reserving several pieces for serving, in a bowl with mayonnaise and dill, mixing to combine.
- Using a 4 cm-round cutter, cut 2 rounds from each slice of bread, discarding the trimmings.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook bread, turning halfway, for 3 minutes or until evenly toasted. Cool slightly.
- Spoon prawn mixture on each piece of toast and serve topped with lemon slice, reserved piece of prawn and a little caviar.