- 1/4 pound raw pork, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- Additional soy sauce and green onion, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pork, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, green onion, and garlic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place roughly 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of one wonton wrapper. Wet the edges with a little water and press two opposite corners together to seal, forming a triangle. Fold all three corners so they meet in the middle (if they aren’t sticking, use a little more water). Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot or Dutch oven, bring 4 cups of broth* to a rolling boil. Add wontons and cook 8-10 minutes or until wontons are soft and no longer gummy. Taste the broth – if it’s not too salty, add some more soy sauce and then garnish with green onion. Serve immediately.
Source: Chocolate Moosey
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)