- 2 lbs pork belly (liempo)
- 4-5 pcs small gabi (eddo), peeled
- 1 bunch kangkong chopped and cleaned
- 2 medium plum tomatoes quartered
- 8 to 10 string beans cut into 2 inch length
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 medium Chinese eggplant sliced
- 6 to 8 pcs okra
- 12 to 15 pieces kamias (bilimbi)
- 2 pieces long green pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce (Patis)
- Combine the water, tomato, onion, and kamias in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the pork slices. Let the water re-boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the gabi (eddo) and green peppers. Cover and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add the fish sauce. Stir.
- Put-in the okra, string beans, and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kangkong. Cover the cooking pot and turn the heat off. Let the residual heat cook the kangkong.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Source:Authentic Filipino Recipes
(Visited 98 times, 1 visits today)