- 5½ lb pork shoulder
- 1 lb carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ lb baby or Creamer potatoes, cut in half (or quarters if large.)
- 2-3 red onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. + 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the veggies in the crock pot with 2 smashed garlic cloves, parsley, ½ tsp. oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Add about 1 tbsp. of butter and mix the veggies the best you can. Place the pork on top of the veggies. Slit some pockets into the meat so you can stick the remaining garlic into each cavity. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tsp. oregano, rosemary, cayenne, and thyme. Sprinkle another ½ tbsp. of butter on top of the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is around 150-155F.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and place onto a pan lined with aluminum foil. Set under the broiler until the meat is nicely browned. Remove from oven and cover meat with foil to allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes. This should allow the meat to continue cooking.
- Slice and serve with your favourite veggies!
Source: The Cookie Writer
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)