For the pork roast
- 1.5 kg/3 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp herb mix of our choice
- 1 tbsp sea salt
For the warm persimmon sauce
- 3 very ripe persimmons
- 50 g/1/4 cup sugar
- 125 ml/ ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to the highest temperature. Take your pork out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Remove all packaging and score the skin with a sharp knife.
- Rub your favourite herb and sea salt mix all over, making sure it goes inside the slits in the skin, put in a roasting tray and inside the oven.
- Immediately turn the temperature down to 450F/220C. Roast for 1.5 hours until the internal temperature of the pork reads 145F/65C.
- While the pork is in the oven prepare the sauce by combining water, sugar and peeled and chopped persimmons in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and let it simmer over low heat for 10 minutes until it thickens. Add chilli flakes for some heat if desired.
- When the pork roast is done, cut the crackling off and slice it separately with a very sharp knife.
- Serve sliced pork with warm persimmon sauce.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)