- 300g pork ribs
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml young coconut juice
- vegetable oil
- coriander, to garnish
- Combine shallot, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp of crushed garlic in a mixing bowl. Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Add pork ribs and rub the marinade well into the meat. Cover and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Fill a large wok with vegetable oil for deep frying. Heat the oil until 180 celsius or until a bread crumb sizzles when dropped into the oil.
- Drain the pork from the marinade and deep fry the ribs in small batches, without over crowding the wok. Fry until the pork is brown all over. Remove and drain.
- Pour the coconut juice and the pork ribs marinade into a pan and bring to boil. Add the pork ribs, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- After simmering, increase the heat to medium high and cook for another 5 minutes or until the coconut juice has reduced to one-quarter of its original volume.
- Add the onion, remaining crushed garlic and a pinch of black pepper into the sauce. Stir well to mix for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the ribs to a serving plate and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Best eaten with steamed jasmine rice.
Source: Burp Appetit
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)