- 1 lb of chopped pork belly
- 2 medium diced tomatoes
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of patis also known as fish-sauce
- 1 tablespoon of whole pepper corn
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of chick peas (garbanzos)
- 1 large chopped, ripe plaintain banana (add great taste for Pork Pochero Recipe)
- 1 medium sized cubed potato
- 1 small cabbage, only the quartered
- 1/4 lb of long green beans
- 1 bunch bok choy also known as pechay
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- In a cooking pot, heat the cooking oil under medium heat. Then, Sauté the garlic and the onions until it becomes golden brown then sauté the tomatoes.
- You can now add the pork belly and cook until it becomes tender and the color of the pork turns to a light brown.
- Also put-in the patis or the fish sauce, then the 1 tablespoon of whole pepper corn, and 1 small can of tomato sauce. Mix it well to blend the taste of your dish.
- Next is, add the 1 cup of water and let it boil. Simmer it until pork becomes tender for at least 30 to 40 minutes.
- After that, put the chopped potato, chopped ripe plantain, and chick peas. Cook the dish for just 5 to 7 minutes. Then, add the quartered cabbage and cook it for around 5 minutes then add the long green beans to add healthy foods to your Pork Pochero Recipe.
- Lastly, stir-in the pechay also known as bok choy. Cover the cooking pot and you can now turn off the heat. Let the heat cook the pechay or bok choy for 5 minutes.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and eat together with your family and friends. Good to serve for lunch or dinner. You will perfect the great taste of this Pork Pochero if you follow all the steps of my Pork Pochero Recipe.
Source: Info Advise
Via: Pork Pochero Recipe
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)