- 750 grams Pork leg (Pata)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 4 cups Pork Stock
- 1 sachet Kare-kare mix
- 5 tbps Peanut butter
- 1 bunch Long string beans
- 1 whole Eggplant
- 1 bunch Pek chye
- Place the pork in a pressure cooker with plenty of water. Add a whole garlic and salt. Cook for 20 minutes. Transfer the meat in a plate. Strain the pork broth and measure 4 cups needed for the sauce of Kare-Kare.
- Cut the long string beans into 3-inches length. Cut the eggplant into 2-inches thick. Cut the pek chye stems and separate the leaves as we need to cook first the stem. Dissolve the kare-kare mix well in a cup of hot broth.
- In a casserole, heat the cooking oil. Saute the garlic until the color turns to brown. Add onions. Add the meat. Pour the fish sauce. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the pork broth/stock, kare-kare mix and peanut butter. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add the long string beans, eggplant and pek chye stems. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the pek chye leaves. Let it simmer for a minute.
- Ready to serve. Transfer to a platter. There you have it. Enjoy and shar
Source:Spices And Spikes
(Visited 99 times, 1 visits today)