Pork Chop Suey Recipe
Chop Suey is a delicious dish composed of different kinds of vegetables and meat. If you are Filipino (or if your spouse is), you might have an idea on what this dish is all about. I first thought that Chop Suey is an authentic Chinese dish, but I learned that it was Chinese-American in nature. Regardless of where it came from, it is has been very popular with Filipinos.
I got acquainted with Chop Suey since I was a child. It has been a dish that my family enjoys. The version that I grew up eating is the one that uses chicken (and chicken liver) and I already featured the recipe when I was starting this food blog. Click here to see the recipe.
Pork Chop Suey is one of the simplest version that I make, as far as I am concerned because it does not require too many ingredients and it only takes around 30 minutes to make. I enjoy eating this with warm white rice.
Do you like Chop Suey? How do you usually prepare yours? I really would love to hear from you. It will be great if you can also share some tips by commenting below.
Try this simple Pork Chop Suey Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- 1 lb. pork shoulder, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 head small cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in ½ cup beef broth or water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced into strips (any color)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Add the pork and continue to sauté for 5 to7 minutes.
- Add the parsley and soy sauce. Put-in the carrot and then cook for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the bell pepper and cabbage. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Cover the cooking pot and continue to cook in medium heat for 8 minutes while stirring every 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the diluted cornstarch. Stir and cook until the texture of the dish thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Recommended for You