- 3 lbs fatty pork shoulder or butt, skin and bone removed
- cold water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut the meat into strips 2” x ¾” (make sure you don’t remove/discard the fat). Place the meat into a large pot and barely cover with cold water. Add the salt and bring the water to a boil, uncovered.
- Lower the heat to bring the water down to a simmer. Let the meat continue to cook until all of the water has evaporated, about 1½ hours, depending on the size/shape of your pan.* The meat should be cooked through at this point, but not falling apart.
- Lower the flame a little bit more and continue to cook until all of the fat has rendered from the pork, turning the meat occasionally until all sides are browned, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Serve the pork in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or however you’d like!
Source: Taste And Tell
Via: Pork Carnitas Recipe
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)