Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds spareribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 to 10 pieces star anise
- 5 to 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup water
- In a pot over low heat, combine spareribs, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, star anise, bay leaves, garlic and water.
- Cover and cook, adding more water in 1/2 cup increments as needed, for about 1 hour or until meat is fork tender and sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot.
(Visited 1,093 times, 1 visits today)