Pork and Potato Stew Recipe
Are looking for an easy weeknight dinner ideas? Pork and Potato stew is a good dish that I recommend. It is easy to make and can be eaten with different side dishes such as whit rice, wild rice, or even unsalted crackers.
I like the consistency and overall taste of Pork and Potato Stew. The all-purpose flour did a great job in making the sauce thick, while the spices blended together to create a mild flavor that is just right to the palate.
I used pork shoulders for this recipe. Beef can also be used, but I suggest that you add more cooking time to make the beef tender. The chicken stock, on the other hand, was used for a purpose. Pork and chicken tastes good when combined and that is the simple reason why I used chicken stock.
Try this Pork and Potato Stew Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- 2 lbs. pork, sliced into cubes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 pieces medium plum tomato, wedged
- 2 large baking potato, sliced into cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Dredge the pork slices in all-purpose flour. Pan fry until the color turns medium brown.
- Add onion, tomato, and celery. Stir and cook for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add thyme and oregano.
- Pour-in the chicken stock; let boil. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes while stirring every 10 minutes.
- Add the potato. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes in medium heat.
- Once the texture thickens, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!