Popcorn Chicken makes a good snack for your kids especially on school days right after school. The good news is this is so quick and easy to prepare – less than 30 minutes. This also can be made more exciting by pairing with your child’s favorite dip like creamy ranch, how-to-make-sweet-and-sour-sauce-recipe, barbecue, or even ketchup. This can even be treated like regular popcorn. It can be eaten as it is while watching TV.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 raw eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix well and let stay for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, and chili powder in a Ziploc bag. Shake to mix.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, and then put the first batch in the bag with the flour mixture. Shake well to coat.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pan. When the oil becomes hot, put-in the flour coated chicken one-by-one. Continue frying in low to medium heat until the color turns light to golden brown.
- Remove chicken popcorn from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with cornbread. Share and enjoy!