Pinoy Style Fried Chicken
Author: Vanjo Merano
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- 3 to 4 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2½ tablespoons coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cooking oil
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange the chicken slices in the same mixing bowl. Rub the salt mixture all over the chicken ensuring that each piece is well covered. Cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile, put the flour in a resealable bag. Add 2 to 3 pieces of chicken in the bag. Seal and shake. Make sure that the chicken pieces are covered will flour.
- Once the oil gets hot, pan-fry the chicken in medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and fry the other side for 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over for the second time and fry both sides again for 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Let the excess oil drip, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with banana ketchup and white rice.
- Share and enjoy!
(Visited 149 times, 1 visits today)