Pinoy Chicken Noodle Soup is something that I make when the weather starts getting chilly. I like it because it is delicious and keeps me feel warm and cozy. I also like it because I get to enjoy two of my favorite noodle dishes in just one dish since this is somewhat a crossover between chicken mami and lomi.
I used bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe. I figured that using this ingredient costs less than using boneless chicken breasts, and the bone also helps make the dish more flavorful. I also added chicken liver and bacon for extra flavor. These ingredients are already tasty, but it makes it even better if seasoned with fish sauce, in my opinion.
Pinoy Chicken Noodle Soup is good to have for lunch or early dinner. It also makes a good heavy snack during mid-afternoon. On rainy days or snowy days, I can finish 2 bowls. the first bowl will have everything in it, while the second will just be all broth. It keeps me stay warm the entire day.
Try this delicious Pinoy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into small pieces
- ½ small cabbage, core removed and chopped
- 1 lb. round miki noodles
- ½ cup chopped chicken liver
- 4 pieces crumbled bacon
- 1 medium carrot, julienne
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the garlic and onion. Continue until the onion gets soft.
- Add the chicken, cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Add the chicken liver. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in water and chicken broth. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the bacon, carrots, and cabbage. Stir and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce. Stir.
- Stir-in the noodles. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken broth or water if needed.
- Add the green onions.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: