Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 10 pieces chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Divide the chicken wing into 3 parts by slicing through the joints. Set aside the wingtip for other possible uses.
- Shape the wing to look like a lollipop. You should have two parts of the chicken wing by now: the one with a single bone and the one with two bones. Start by selecting the part with one bone.
- Separate the meat from the bone by sliding a sharp knife around the tip of the bone where meat is still connected (do not cut through the bone).
- Place the wing vertically on top of a flat surface while holding the part where the knife passed.
- Gently push downward while gripping the bone with your thumb and index finger until the meat slides down.
- Arrange the meat by inverting the inner part until a lollipop shape is formed. Note: Do the same procedure for the part with two bones. However, you need to first detach the smaller bone before commencing.
- Season the chicken lollipops with salt and pepper and let it stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and transfer to a bowl then whisk.
- Gradually add-in the all-purpose flour while whisking until a batter is formed.
- Dip the chicken lollipop on the batter then to the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot then deep-fry the chicken lollipop under medium heat until the color of the outer part turns medium brown (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove the fried chicken lollipop from the cooking pot and transfer to a dish with paper towel. Let it stand until excess oil is absorbed by the paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dip. Share and enjoy!
(Visited 921 times, 1 visits today)