The marinade is made-up of crushed pineapple, lemon soda, soy sauce, some seasonings, and spices.
- 3 lbs. whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup lemon soda (Sprite or 7-Up)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Additional salt and pepper for rubbing
- In a large container, combine crushed pineapple, lemon soda, soy sauce, 3 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. ground black pepper. Stir.
- Add the chicken pieces in the mixture. Marinate overnight. Make sure to place the container in the fridge while marinating.
- Combine the flour and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Separate the chicken from the marinade. Let excess liquid drip.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Rub some salt and pepper over the chicken pieces and then dip each piece in the egg mixture. Dredge the egg coated chicken in the flour mixture.
- Fry each chicken piece in low to medium heat for about 8 to 12 minutes per side. You can add more time depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the pan. Arrange in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dip. Share and enjoy!
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)