- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 3-4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 dried bay leaves
- ½ cup green peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- In a big pan over medium heat, heat 4 tablespoons of oil. Add potatoes and cook for about 1 minute. Then add carrot and cook for about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for about 1 minute. Remove all vegetables from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add chicken and brown it slightly. Add the tomato puree, pineapple syrup, soy sauce, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes, yellow bell pepper, carrots, and pineapple chunks and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. Add the green peas, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Serve hot. Enjoy!
(Visited 231 times, 1 visits today)