- 4 Pieces tilapia fillet
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 2 eggs, beaten (1 for dip, 1 for sauce)
- 2 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Run salt and pepper on the tilapia fillet. Let it stand for 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Dredge the tilapia in flour and then dip in the beaten egg. Roll the tilapia on the corn meal. Make sure that the fish is properly coated.
- Fry each side until the color turns light to golden brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by sauteing garlic, onion, and tomato.
- Once the tomato and onion are soft, add the fish sauce and sprinkle some pepper.
- Add water and then let boil. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour-in remaining beaten egg and then stir for 5 seconds.
*You can use any white fish if you don’t like tilapia!
(Visited 111 times, 1 visits today)