- 1 in pork tenderloin seasoned and cut half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper cracked is better
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasonings or paprika if you don’t like heat
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour gluten free flour can be substituted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 in small tangerine segments
- 1 teaspoon tangerine zest
- 1/ c cup toasted pecans
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce more if you like
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- cut pork loin in half and season liberally with sea salt, black pepper and cajun seasoning. Set aside until needed.
- toast pecans in a hot saute pan and set aside
- in a small saucepan over medium heat add butter and allow to melt.
- add pineapple and cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- add cranberries, tangerine segments, zest and sweet chili sauce. Bring to quick boil and remove from heat.
- Add in Pecans, mix well. Set aside until needed. (can be cold or at room temperature)
- lightly coat pork loin with flour.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil as needed and place both pieces of pork loin into pan. Do not disturb them for 4-5 minutes
- turn pork over and allow other side to cook for about 4-5 minutes. Sear any ends that may not have gotten cooked.
- Continue cooking pork loin in saute pan over medium low heat (adding a little more oil as needed) or in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the pork should be 165 degrees or less if you like medium well pork.
- Slice into medallions after allowing the pork to rest for 10 minutes, or serve whole with the fruit sauce and your favorite side dishes.
Source: Ask Chef Dennis
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)