- 1.5 lbs. beef round top, tri-tip?or sirloin steak, cut 3/4 to 1 in. thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. water
- 1 medium onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 3/4 in. strips
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsps. sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in 8 or 10 wedges
- Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper the beef before putting it in the pan. Brown beef on all sides, turning it once or twice.
- Stir in water, onion, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes. Add bell peppers and cook until crisp tender. Mix cornstarch, sugar and a little water, stir into beef mixture.
- Stir and cook on a rapid boil about 1 minute. Toss in tomato wedges, cover and cook until tomatoes are just heated through. Serve with rice.
Source: The Unofficial Cook
Via: Pepper Steak Recipe
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)