Preparation Time: 20min
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 small young green mangoes, peeled
- 1/2 medium pineapple, skinned
- 1 large yam bean (sengkuang/jicama), peeled
- 3 teaspoons black shrimp paste
- Prawn crisps ( see recipe)
- 150g roasted peanuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 15 dried chillies, soaked and deseeded
- 2.5 cm belacan, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tamarind juice
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) dark soya sauce
- Pound the chillies and belacan in mortar and pestle until it becomes a fine paste.
- Put that paste and tamarind juice in a saucepan and cook over low heat.
- Add the sugar and dark soya sauce and cook until the sugar dissolves and sauce is thick.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Cut the vegetables and fruits into small wedges and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the black shrimp paste and rojak sauce and mix well.
- To serve, garnish the top of the rojak with slightly crushed prawn crisp, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
(Visited 297 times, 1 visits today)