Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups chocolate or strawberry ice cream, or a combination, softened
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar together until light, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on sheets. Flatten with a fork in a crisscross design. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool.
- Place 1 scoop of ice cream on a cookie, top with another cookie and carefully press down. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Freeze for 45 minutes; serve.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)