Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
A traditional Italian dish made of pasta and beans that was born out of peasant cooking.
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Large Carrot, Finely Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Finely Chopped
- 1 Small Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Pancetta or Bacon (Optional)
- 6 Peeled, Seeded and Chopped Ripe Roma Tomatoes (or About 1 (14 Ounce) Can Chopped Tomatoes)
- 1 Quart Chicken Broth
- 2 (14 Ounce) Tins Cannellini Beans (or Equivalent, Prepared From Dried)
- 1 1/4 Cup Small Pasta (Tubettini or Ditalini)
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes
- Good Quality Olive Oil
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot, then cook the onion, carrot, pancetta, and celery until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Pour in the broth, beans and chopped tomatoes, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove a few scoops of the bean mixture and puree or mash, then return to the pot.
- Add the pasta, chopped parsley and seasonings.
- Cook until the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Serve in bowls topped with a drizzle of olive oil, the shaved cheese and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
(Visited 23 times, 1 visits today)